Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Picture Time

I'm almost finished with The Gatehouse Mystery recap, but I wanted to make a seperate post to share something with you all. Illustrations!
Of course, after I said I would stick with the oval editions, I had to get the newest edition of #3 because I didn't have it in my collection. Although the covers are new, the publishers have included the old illustrations from the original editions. They're totally vintage and retro and all that.







From left to right: Jim, Honey, Brian, Trixie, Mart. Mart, I love you, but you totally look like Beavis.








Honey and Trixie looking for the jewel box. Love Trixie's ginormous swimming skirt.


Trixie and Honey at the movies, talking to Tom Delanoy, who will eventually become the Wheeler's chauffer.
These kind of clash with the images I have of the characters in my head, but they were interesting to see nonetheless. I should be finished with the recap in the next few days.








1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHA! THAT PICTURE IS SOO HILARIOUS! The one of Mart I mean.

    I didn't think they wore clothes like that back in the 1950s! I thought they covered up more. I have an old, spineless 'ugly' edition of this one.

    ReplyDelete